Don't Take My Word For It

Thanks to the Internet, the distinction of what makes someone famous, talented or well-informed is totally in the shitter. (I'm side eying you Tila)

Anybody with a keyboard and opposable thumbs can make YouTube videos, write a blog or simply have enough twitter followers to suddenly be seen as an authority or a tastemaker.

My point is, you don't have to trust everything I say. (I could easily be a 14 year old in Omaha who's read enough advertising trades and watched marathons of Mad Men and memorised What Women Want to have an opinion.)

Baby Food for Creatives is just my opinions, experience and point of view.

I could be wrong.

Or not.

Either way, it doesn't hurt to read around. Knowledge is power so keep charging up.

Here are some other blogs that talk to young creatives. 

I've reposted, referenced and been inspired by them. Hopefully you can learn a lot from their authors, too.

Makin' Ads 


For students of advertising, portfolio school hopefuls, & anyone else putting their book together.


 Sample Post: A Case Study Video Should Be A Last Resort


Ad Teachings
My name is Suzanne Pope. I am a freelance copywriter and creative director in Toronto. I've been writing ads for 20+ years. I started this blog to provide free advice and instruction to young people in advertising. I hope it helps.



Confessions of a Creative Recruiter
Throughout my career in Creative Management, I've reviewed an endless number of advertising and design portfolios. I've seen tons of inspiring work and a few that could use some help. In this blog, I hope to share some insider wisdom from the desk of a creative recruiter that students and juniors can act on, file away or rebut.

Sample post: Your About Me Section


Professor Ad Man 
You want a career in advertising? You have much to learn. Get schooled Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
ProfessorAdMan on Twitter. Follow me.




Sample post: What Spider Man Can Teach You About Social Media Jobs