The Curse of Being Creative.

illustrated by Ian Kloster
Been having one of those weeks where everything I touch turns into gold flakes and then a gust of wind comes and scatters it all off to Texas.

Sometimes it's just like that. It's the curse of being creative.

You can give 284% and end up with one dusty pellet of goodness.
You can work 90 hours and only have one semi-presentable thing to show.
You can fall down, get back up, fall down, get back up then fall down and get back up again, only to fall down shortly after.

Being creative isn't easy.

(I've talked about it all before: There is always The Circle of Rejection, and Hard Work Doesn't Always Pay Off, so you have to learn How To Accept Feedback and suck it up or just Don't Get A Job In Advertising - because the bottom line is, There's No Crying In Advertising.)

The good news is, there's always tomorrow.

A new day and a new opportunity to start over and try again.

Maybe I'll fail. Maybe I won't.

Either way, I'll learn and grow. And then there'll be another tomorrow to try again. 

I like what Elizabeth Gilbert, author of Eat, Pray, Love says during this TED Talk On Nurturing Creativity. My partner passed this on to me today and it was really what I needed to hear.

Hope it inspires you too.