Embrace your Fear


Whenever I get a new project I have a mini anxiety attack (I may be exaggerating. A little)

I start wondering - what if I suck? What if I can't do this? What if they hate my ideas? What if I don't come up with anything good? What if what if what if

A friend told me recently that not only is that normal, but it's also good.

Question yourself.
Doubt yourself.
Be afraid.

Let your fear and insecurity motivate you. Let that anxiety make you work harder, try different things, dig deeper and push further.

The minute you start thinking I have this figured out. This is easy. And I can do this an hour before the presentation, kill yourself.

That's when you stop trying to be great. That's when you stop giving your all. That's why you become boring, average and lazy. That's when people will call you a hack. (*shudder*)

Average is a handicap. Laziness is a disease.
Let them win and your creativity starts to slowly shrivel and die.

Dylan Thomas said to rage against the dying of the light.

Fight it.
Conquer it.
Lock it up in a dungeon inside a volcano. 

Complacency is your enemy.

Constantly push yourself to be better than you were last time. To do more than you did last time. To be your best self.

That's how you're always going to show up with solid ideas. That's how you're always going to be called to work on bigger and better things.

That, my friends, is how you're going to win