The Beginning

I'm always amazed when people ask "Where should I start?"
As if there is some more appropriate point than the beginning.

So that's where we are. Feet firmly planted at the starting line, ears perked, eyes focused, heart racing, stomach dropping, lunch looking for the nearest exit...

Ok, stop. Breathe. Breathe.

It'll be ok. I promise.



Let's start with the simple things - what we know.

We know you want a job as a creative.

We know you're talented, hard-working, smart, pretty and whatever other lies your mother spoonfed you.

We know that it's a wild world (I thought they were singing "Ooh baby it's a wagon" til I was about 12) and it takes time, effort, perseverance, comfortable shoes, thick skin and some serious schmoozing.

So let's go. 

Upcoming posts:

 Portfolio tips
Portfolio school
Internships
Networkng
Creativity tips
Selling yourself
Working with recruiters
Freelancing
Salary help
Transitioning to creative
Job tips
How not to be a jerk
Q + A